Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Dem Bones

I promised to show this picture back in February of 2007. I guess I'm a bit tardy. This entry goes with this past entry. Go there and then come back here. It will make more sense.
I took a drawing class in college (with the wonderful Sue Buck) and the assignment was to design a skeletal system for a cartoon character. Since none of the assignments ever let me show off my cartooning skills I decided to go nuts on this one. I did 2 drawings for the assignment. The Popeye drawing was done second. This one was first. It's a pretty good drawing. The only complaint I have about it is that I made the newspaper too straight. I should have had it all wrinkled and creased. I don't know why that didn't occur to me. Duh!
So this was one of my more successful drawings in college. I was right proud of it then still am today.
Click on the image to get a closer look.

No comments: