Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fire Face

When I was living in SC, probably around 2000 or 2001, I started painting again. It wasn't a successful time in that I only painted sporadically. However, during that time I did have fun. I went to Lowe's and bought some plywood and just started applying things to the surface. I experimented with mediums and didn't care too much for the imagery that was emerging. On this particular painting I used acrylic paint, flourescent tempera paint, shoe polish, chalk and oil pastels, grease pencil and who knows what else. It was all about the surface, building up texture and layers of color overlaid with white and black. Like I said, fun.
As I've said before, I long to have the space to start painting again. I hope that I will be able to have a studio some day that is big enough to accommodate painting.
I wish...

No comments: